ICOs: Moving Forward on Best Practices
Jointly hosted by HKU’s Asian Institute of International Financial Law & the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
Saturday, 24 March 2018
9:00 AM – 12:45 PM
Large Moot Court, 2/F Cheng Yu Tung Tower
The University of Hong Kong
Building on recent developments, this half-day conference provides deeper insights to current and emerging industry issues, best practices, and the pathways forward.
Leading practitioners and industry participants directed a seminar plus panellist format grouped around three core themes:
- Market professionals that advise on ICOs will explore the primary market context and the most important considerations relevant to the issue of tokens.
- Intermediaries handling cryptocurrencies and tokens will discuss the roadblocks and solutions they are adopting to achieve best practices.
- Options for moving forward from the current panoply of uncertainties and concerns toward clearer regulatory positioning and investor protection.
Speakers and panellists drawn from key players in the industry include:
- Henri Arslanian, PwC and Fintech Association of Hong Kong
- David Tee / Nathan Simmons, ANX / Octagon
- Sumit Indwar, Linklaters
- Julia Charlton / Kim Larkin, Charltons
- Elaine Yuan, Luk Fook Financial Group
- Gary Tiu, Representing a Private Family Investment Office
- Douglas Arner / Syren Johnstone, The University of Hong Kong