Assistant Research Officer in the Department of Law (Ref.: 508845) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree in law, business, finance or a related area. Other desired attributes include: knowledge, understanding and experience of global finance and financial sector development issues; highly developed communication skills; sensitivity and commitment to cultural awareness; strong organisational skills; and the ability to work with a high degree of independence with excellent written and spoken English skills. They should be able to work independently, professionally, and to a high standard under time constraints.
The appointee will work closely with the Director and members at the Asian Institute of International Financial Law (AIIFL) involving in the field of financial law and the following duties:
- Managing and organising events.
- Conducting legal research not limited to a specific area of finance and is often interdisciplinary.
- Producing high-quality publications within strict deadlines that focus on local, regional and international issues.
- Managing and coordinating editorial processes involving high-quality legal publications to completion, including collaborative works by internationally renowned scholars and industry executives.
- Reviewing high-quality articles and formatting publications.
- Enhancing knowledge exchange by drafting summaries of research outputs that are circulated in extraterritorial university blogs.
- Editing the AIIFL website, AIIFL newsletter, social media platforms, and interact with media and communication staff.
- Managing video interviews of academics from HKU or other universities that are either live or on Zoom.
- Assisting the Director with AIIFL reports and reviews, including attending interviews and meetings.
- Participating in AIIFL staff and industry meetings and taking minutes.
- Facilitating administrative and research training to Post-doctoral Fellows and Ph.D. candidates.
- Performing ad hoc tasks.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts ONLINE application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers website (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload (1) an up-to-date C.V., (2) a letter explaining how the applicant meets the above requirements, and (3) the names of two referees who have had recent experience of the applicant’s work. For enquiries, please contact Ms. Flora Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until February 28, 2022, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.