Fintech, a Catalyst for Growth During COVID-19 (6 May 2020)
Fintech, a Catalyst for Growth During COVID-19
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been a game changer in terms of customer behaviour for the foreseeable future. A world where social distancing becomes an essential part of the “new normal” cannot function seamlessly without financial innovation or Fintech. Home delivery and e-commerce platforms are set to grow at a faster pace, enabled by financial innovations. QFC is increasingly looking at digital payments, wallet solutions, and smooth remittance channels that cannot only allow for a cashless society, but also cater to new demands for instant insurance, real time investments, digital access and KYC solutions.
Fintech is a catalyst for growth, especially in the GCC region. During this webinar, we will be interviewing experts in Fintech and exploring what opportunities lie ahead in Qatar.
06 May 2020
Please register HERE to view the video.
– Henk Jan Hoogendoorn, Managing Director, Financial Sector Office, Qatar Financial Centre
– Radboud Vlaar, Former Partner, McKinsey, Founder and Partner, Finch Capital
– Thaddeus Malesa (Moderator), Senior Advisor, Economics and Research, Financial Sector Office, Qatar Financial Centre
– Ben Brabyn, Innovation Ecosystem Expert, Former Head of Level39
– Andrew Dahdal, Section Head of Economic Diversification, Qatar University
– Douglas Arner, Professor in Law and Expert on Financial Regulation, University of Hong Kong