ICOs: Moving Forward on Best Practices (24 March 2018)
Jointly hosted by HKU’s Asian Institute of International Financial Law & the Hong Kong Securities and Investment Institute
ICOs: Moving Forward on Best Practices
Saturday, 24 March 2018
9:00 AM – 12:45 PM
Large Moot Court, 2/F Cheng Yu Tung Tower
The University of Hong Kong
Building on recent developments, this half-day conference provides deeper insights to current and emerging industry issues, best practices, and the pathways forward.
Leading practitioners and industry participants directed a seminar plus panellist format grouped around three core themes:
• Market professionals that advise on ICOs will explore the primary market context and the most important considerations relevant to the issue of tokens.
• Intermediaries handling cryptocurrencies and tokens will discuss the roadblocks and solutions they are adopting to achieve best practices.
• Options for moving forward from the current panoply of uncertainties and concerns toward clearer regulatory positioning and investor protection.
Speakers and panellists drawn from key players in the industry include:
• Henri Arslanian, PwC and Fintech Association of Hong Kong
• David Tee / Nathan Simmons, ANX / Octagon
• Sumit Indwar, Linklaters
• Julia Charlton / Kim Larkin, Charltons
• Elaine Yuan, Luk Fook Financial Group
• Gary Tiu, Representing a Private Family Investment Office
• Douglas Arner / Syren Johnstone, The University of Hong Kong
To encourage the sharing of views, the Chatham House Rule will apply. Media may therefore report on the conference but may not quote or cite speakers by name or affiliation except with the express permission of that speaker.
Asia’s First FinTech Online Course: www.hkufintech.com